Tuesday, April 10, 2018

27A

1) What was the general theme or argument of the book?
For this weeks assignment, I chose to read, Mindset: The New Psychology of Success, by Carol Dweck. The general argument made in this is that the mindset and ideas you have about yourself can in turn reflect and affect your future and how you live.
2) How did the book, in your opinion, connect with and enhance what you are learning in ENT 3003?
In the book she shared about fixed growth and learning growth. This is a concept I learned about in another one of my classes so it was interesting to hear about it again and additional information about the concept. I identified my natural growth style and have now realized exactly how to incorporate the two styles into my life.
3) If you had to design an exercise for this class, based on the book you read, what would that exercise involve?
Based off the book I read I think an interesting exercise would be to have an assignment where students need to identify for themselves what kind of mindset they have naturally and then explain how this mindset has hindered and helped you when trying to achieve a goal.

4) What was your biggest surprise or 'aha' moment when reading the book? In other words, what did you learn that differed most from your expectations?
The moment that most shocked me and differed most from my expectations is when I was evaluating my mindset and how my daily actions and ideas reflect that. 

2 comments:

  1. This book sounds like it is really interesting. Growth is such an important thing and getting all the knowledge we can about it can only help us in the future. I really loved your idea for the assignment. I think people need to know about their mindset and how it is impacting their goals and careers. This was a great post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Evelyn,
    I wish I had read this book after reading through your post. I have always been fascinated to learn how the mind does what it does. It was interesting that the book added onto your understanding of yourself, which is a huge takeaway. My roommate is a psychology major and has discussed on several occasions how complex each persons mind truly is.

    ReplyDelete

30A

The most accomplishing point of this semester is when I brought my idea to my supervisor. He is the assistant director of business services ...