My opportunity can be described as the body of students who attend library west at UF. They have a need, which is to obtain an affordable and satisfying feel without having to leave the building. The need is highly discussed about and will satisfy a large amount of the student body. I learned that individuals in other markets could also find value in my idea. What creates this opportunity is the lack of food choices in the building. The market is UF students from the ages 17-25 who study at library west. Customers are currently satisfying this need by ordering food through apps, leaving the library, vending machines, or Starbucks. After researching and observing my audience, I believe they are loyal to their current outlets. This is a great and wide spread opportunity that is highly desired. The window of opportunity will be open as long as this library is open or until students decide they no longer want to work there.
I believe customers would switch to this product because they would satisfy their need in a better way and also save money and time. It will not be difficult at all to make students switch to my product. The competitors are Starbucks, the vending machines, and delivery apps, although I don't see them as much of a threat. The branding, price and customer service will most definitely play a role when it comes to the long term success of the food vendor. I would organize the business by including professionals with experience and knowledge on the topic in my team. I would start off with a large amount of employees and reduce the amount of needed.
My most important resource will be connivence. What I have that others don't have is a satisfying meal, reasonable prices, and the ability to save students time and energy. The next opportunity I would like to tackle would to possibly open something similar in Marston. I would create an area with tables in both libraries where students could eat and enjoy their meal. In five years I would hope to have both of the food vendors successfully running and in the long run aiding students each day. I hope in ten years that I could implement this idea into other schools where this is also an opportunity.
Evelyn,
ReplyDeleteTo start off, connivance is such an important thing to every student who attend UF. Our generation is not about waiting for things and wants instant gratification. The only food source remotely close to Lib West is Krishna lunch, but even then they only serve meals from 11am-1:30pm. You could have a company similar to Au Bon Pain in that area, as it does so well in Pugh Hall. There are tables outside with umbrellas, where students do their homework. I hope something can be added soon!