For this weeks assignment I researched my industry and determine and good contact as a domain expert in my industry. I spoke with Jill Rodriguez from UF who is majorly involved with all the restaurants on campus and their success and failures. She is the Sr. Marketing manager at the university. I know her through a survey program I am involved with on campus. She is a domain expert in this industry and I contacted her through email. She will offer me great help when it comes to marketing my idea.
Secondly, an expert on this topic would be Bill Mcginn who is the assistant director of business services at uf. He handles affairs relating to dinning on campus and holds much responsibility and knowledge on the topic. I also found him through the dinning program I volunteer for at UF. I contacted him through the phone and talked with him about my idea. The favor he did for me is give me information and ideas for my plan.
Lastly, I spoke with the manager of Aubon pain in newell hall. This is the sort of restaurant I am thinking would be a nice fit for library west. My friend works at the restaurant an d gave me the managers contact information. Working as the manager supplied her with information and tips to offer me. In return for her help, I offered a possible new location for a new restaurant.
Hello,
ReplyDeleteI like the fact that you were able to make contact with a University of Florida official considering your idea is establishing a business within UF. It is important to establish contacts with people that are high up because they obviously have the most power to get things done. It is good that you were able to offer some help as well considering you want to establish as strong as relationships as possible.