I conducted additonal interviews on my opportunity, but this time it was definitely much harder. I had to search for students who were the target audience, but not have the need which I hoped to satisfy for each student. I interviewed students who attend library west. The common facts found in my target audience are uf students who study at library west. Each on of the students I interviewed held these factors and fell into the boundary. I believe this opportunity is limited to satisfying students need to consume energy and a satisfying food at meal times. The people inside of the needs boundary mostly feel that there is an opportunity here, but there are some who disagree for certain reasons. Some only spend very limited time in the library so they don’t experience the issue or they use other routes to satisfy his need. I believe through my interviews and findings that my opportunity is still strong and that it could satisfy many, but I also learned that there are some who feel this opportunity is unnecessary.
Inside the boundary:
Who is in?
Students at uf who attend library west are inside the boundary.
What the need is?
The need is an additional food vendor inside library west where students can have a larger election of choices and where they can use a meal plan.
Why the need exists?
The need exists because many students will go to the library and spend hours upon hours there and then need a meal. Currently the only food offered inside the library is a small selections of choices at Starbucks.
Outside the boundary:
Who is not?
The people outside of the boundary would be professors, non-if students, or students who do not either attend of spend a lot of time at library west.
What the need is not?
The need is not nearly a food opportunity, it a the opportunity to supply students with a proper source of food when at the library where they can also utilize their meal plans if they have one.
Alternative explanations?
I believe that my opportunity has a specific target audience and while this may limit who will be served by this opportunity, I strongly believe that the majority of people inside the boundary will be utilizing my plan if it was set into action.
Hey Evelyn,
ReplyDeleteI would have loved to have been interviewed by you because I am in the target audience but I don’t necessarily have this need. After looking at your chart I don’t think I would completely eliminate professors from this! Professors have to come into the libraries for different reasons like for engineering project presentations, so they might crave something! Great post!