Tuesday, February 13, 2018

11A- Idea Napkin No. 1

1. You

My name is Evelyn Menendez and I am a Business major at the University of Florida. I am a business major and I am specializing in leadership and communication development. I have gained skills such relating to leadership, organization and time management during my time as a student and through my internship. I aspire to one day manage a successful company. I do not plan on starting my own business, but I would like to manage a company that needs an analytical and knowledgeable manager.

2. What are you offering to customers?

Through my purposed opportunity, I plan on being the project manager for the opening of an additional restaurant into library west at UF.  Through this plan I will satisfy the needs of students who study at library west that are facing challenges relating to the current food options.

3. Who are you offering it to?

My target audience is UF students. This idea mainly will cater to students who frequently study at library west. The majority of students who study at this library are between the ages of 17-23. These students normally come to this library to complete their assignments or to study for exams and quizzes. Students need energy when completing homework or studying, so food is essential. The lack of food options leads to many negative consequences for students.

4. Why do they care?

Students care about this issue, because it negatively affects them. Students result in paying for food services, ubers, eating out of vending machines or just staying hungry. Students will pay to eat at this food option since it will save them time, money and it will satisfy them.

5. What are your core competencies? 
What this food vendor will uniquely offer is a solution for a high demand and traffic area. There currently is no individual restaurant or cafe dedicated to offering students adequate meals inside library west.

I believe that after evaluating my five points and answering all the questions that they seem to mesh together nicely. The only question I had difficulty answering was number five. I would not call my idea unique, but the location is the key selling point. I want to work on making something unique about this idea in order to make it as successful as possible. I believe I have a strong idea with potential, but that adding a component of uniqueness will improve it and its outcome.


4 comments:

  1. Evelyn,

    You had a really great post, but first thing I noticed is that you repeated business major in No. 1! Not a big deal at all, just figured I would point it out if you ever wanted to use this in a job interview one day. In the past, your idea has always caught my attention, but it isn’t until now that I have realized why this is such a good idea and it’s because of your response in No. 4. It’s frustrating to eat from the vending machines or Uber, which I end up doing a lot of the time. I think that in the long run this would ultimately save students time and money!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was a great post and I like the idea. There's been so many times where I need to leave the library because I'm hungry and Starbucks won't satisfy me as a real meal. I think there's a lot of potential for this and would be a great addition to the UF campus. The only question I'd have would be exactly where it would be located in library west?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am currently an online student, so of course I wouldn’t be in your market. However, I used to go to VCU and we only had a Starbucks in the library, so the line would be ridiculous. It was easier to walk to the dining hall. I would have loved to have an additional way to get food while studying. I think this is a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi,
    As a fellow University of Florida student, I have no doubt that this is a huge need and could actually benefit many of our classmates. Anything that can ease some stress for students when studying for a high stress exam is a great idea in my book. You seem more than qualified to start a business like this and you also seem highly motivated. And sure, the idea of a restaurant is not unique, but your solution to an opportunity is.

    ReplyDelete

30A

The most accomplishing point of this semester is when I brought my idea to my supervisor. He is the assistant director of business services ...