1. I read the book Steve Jobs by Walter Isaacson for this assignment. I was very surprised by his background and his past. It seems he went through events that truly shaped who he is and what he accomplished. After hearing about the experience he had with his parents and with being adopted it gave me a whole new perspective on him and his life as a business man. I really admire how he did not let his past affect his success and his future. I least admired how he took credit for other's work and treated them very poorly. He experienced adversity with other individuals and experienced conflict with them, especially when it came to the running of the Apple company.
2.
One of the main competencies I found in Steve Jobs was his eye for detail and his drive for perfection in everything that he did.
3.
I was a little confused on one area of the reading where it talked about Jobs being upset at gates for producing products which were similar to his, but in reality both windows and apple were copies of Xerox.
4.
If I were to ask Jobs two questions they would be:
-What motivates and inspires you when it comes to founding ideas and products?
-What is the number one most important skill for an entrepreneur to hold?
5.
I believe Jobs was probably motivated by hard projects and it pushed him to succeed and combat his obstacles.
Evelyn,
ReplyDeleteThis seemed like such a good book but I wasn’t sure if I would have been able to finish it on time. I heard a lot of similar reviews on the book that you gave- pretty much that he was not who a lot of people thought he was. I too admire that he did not let his upbringing change his future. Your write up has challenged me to look more into finishing this book.