Friday, February 23, 2018

12A- Figuring Out Buyer Behavior No. 1

The segment I chose was UF students between the ages 17-25. I found three people who fit into this segment and interviewed them. Each of my interviewees had the same unmeet needs. I questioned them each when, where and how their need awareness occurs.

Each individual I interviewed said they felt the need strongly when studying and completing homework assignments at library west. They also shared how they experienced the mostly at meal times so at around 11am-1pm, 5pm-8pm, and 8am-10am. This was the range of hours they shared with me about when they felt the need most. One of the students also explained how late ate night when studying he experienced late night cravings and at times feels he needs a real meal to keep him going. The first things my interviewees said they did when experiencing the need was search for a food option. They shared how they settle for vending products, food services or Starbucks. They don't feel a need for searching for information, but they do search for alternatives to having a real meal.  Some of the terms they searched were "restaurants near me," "food services in Gainesville," and restaurant hours. They explained how they complain about the issue to their friends and family. After completing this assignment I learned more about this segment and how they combat this issue and their needs.



1 comment:

  1. Your segment makes a lot of sense to focus on considering it covers the majority of people that will be in Library West. Your idea seems to be beneficial to student productivity since you need food to maintain energy and most people would not want to leave the library once they have a nice spot and are in the zone. Your search terms makes sense and they would help students find food at the most convenient location.

    ReplyDelete

30A

The most accomplishing point of this semester is when I brought my idea to my supervisor. He is the assistant director of business services ...