Monday, January 15, 2018

2A-Bug List

1. I was working on some homework at library west when I got hungry and then became annoyed that the only choice for food was Starbucks or vending machines.

-I believe this is issue occurs because of a possible lack of space in the building. Study room would need to be sacrificed in order to have more food choices. The library is normally pretty full so I understand why seating and study space is prioritized.

2. It always bugs me when someone needs to borrow my charger while I'm using it and they ask me what percent my phone is on.

-I believe this issue occurs since most want their phones charged at all times. I think the owner of an item has control over the item and many use the tactic in order to prove why they have the right to the charger. I respect other's items and while it would be nice to use their item, I think the owner should never be put in a place where they are being guilted or obligated to do someone a favor.

3. I can't stand when I lend something of mine to someone and they return it in a worse condition than what they found it in.

- Most do this because they are lazy or don't have respect for someone's items. I always make sure to return things in the same condition or better than how I found it.

4. I get very annoyed when I make plans with someone and set a time, but they arrive unacceptably late. I am understanding when there is a valid reason or there is a short delay.

- I believe this occurs commonly to many because they have issues with time management or a lack of consideration for the person they are meeting with.

5. One of the most frustrating things is when I forget my key in my apartment after leaving.

-I frequently forget my key in a spot such as a drawer or in a purse. I could probably avoid this issue by getting a key rack, but I went the extra mile and decided to install a keypad lock to avoid getting locked out.

6. An issue I encounter commonly that bugs me is when I attempt logging into an account, but I do not know the username/password combination.

- This happens to me because I have so many accounts on various websites, but I fail to write down the information and website name anywhere.

7. I get annoyed when people act as is they are an expert on a subject that they are in actuality very unfamiliar with.

-I believe many people do this because it makes them feel superior to others and knowledgeable.

8. It always bugs me when someone says they don't have any preference or objection on where they want to eat, but they then can't agree on eating at any restaurant you suggest.

-I think this happens because people may not realize that they do have a preference or are in the mood for a certain kind of food.

9. An issue that bothers me is when you go to a restaurant or store and receive terrible customer service.

-I strongly think that weak customer service is due to a management issue. Employee's may not understand the importance of customer service if their managers are not stressing it.

10. In my town, especially on Sundays, bikers love to ride their bikes on the street in the same lanes as cars. I believe it is a safer route to ride bicycles on the biking lane or on the sidewalk.

-Many bikers have a strong opinion on their rights to bike on the road and the equality between cars and bikes. I feel that they are trying to prove a point by riding on the street in non-biking lanes.

11. I hate when people talk throughout a movie. It's okay for a few comments, but when I can't understand what the movie is about because of excessive talking it becomes a problem.

- Some people are not very aware of their surroundings and may not notice they are annoying others. Also, many have interactive and loquacious personalities, which leads to constant talking.

12. I get so bothered when proofreading a long paper after writing it.

- It is imperative to proofread any writings before submitting it in order to present your ideas correctly and clearly.

13. I get so upset and frustrated when I go to eat food I've saved, but find that someone has eaten it.

- I have ran into the temptation myself of wanting to eat someone's food, but I never do it because I know how it makes me feel when someone does it to me. I don't think that everyone thinks that way and that is why this issue occurs.

14. It bugs me when I am talking and someone interrupts me.

- People often times think that what they have to say is most important and fail to realize that someone else is talking and are trying to share something that is important to them.

15. Nothing is more annoying than when someone fails to pick up after their pet in a public area and then you step in it

-Many pet owners do not want to pick up after their dog for various good reasons, but this does not make it okay. It is important for pet owners to not be lazy and take responsibility for their pet.

16. It bothers me when people only talk about themselves and have no interest in what others have to say.

- It is our nature to have a focus on ourselves and our lives, this is what leads to dismissing other's feelings and being open to hearing what they have to say.

17. I have an iphone 6s and it frequently dies at 10-15%. This drives me crazy, especially since I am mentally prepared to still have time on my phone before it needs to be charged.

- I don't know if it has something to do with the battery, but this is a major issue. It could also have something to do with a battery display error or the way I charge my phone.

18. Something that has always annoyed me is tv commercials that interrupt the program or movie I'm watching. 

- I know that commercials are important and that it plays a role in the funding of programs. While I am aware of their importance, they bother me so I just change the channel until my program returns. 

19. One of the most bothersome things is when I'm shopping at the mall and kiosk workers pressure me to purchase their products.

- Worker's at the mall invade customer's space and pressure them in order to increase their chance of sales. The tactic personally deters me, but it must be effective if  not I don't think they would use this approach.

20. I get so bummed and bugged when there are exams or large mid-term assignments due right after school breaks.

-Teachers set up their class assignments as best they can, but I think they should consider how this will affect student's break time. I believe that it is important for students to have time to to take a break and recuperate.

Reflection:

After reading the assignment's description, I thought it would be easy and quick to complete. It was much harder than I thought it would be to list 20 things that bug me.  I found it pretty difficult at first to come up with all 20 and why they exist, but overtime the examples began coming to me easier. I think after this assignment I am more understanding about these issues since I contemplated them and realized why they occur and how it can come from an innocent root. I think many of my "bugs" have a solution and I hope that I can eliminate or minimize some of these from occurring in my life.


2 comments:

  1. I enjoyed reading your blog Evelyn! I can’t believe I didn’t think to put your 6th bug on my list. I can’t stand it when I can’t remember my username or password. Another thing that makes me angry about that is when they make you change your password every few months. That drives me crazy! Also, your 8th bug is me and my husband all day. He will ask me where I want to go eat, I say “I don’t care” but never want what he suggests. However, he always seems to suggest places he knows I don’t like so I’m starting to think he does it on purpose. I look forward to working with you and reading more of your blogs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. After reading your bug list, I can definitely relate with your point on people being indecisive about where to eat. I always run into this problem and it turns into a huge event. And then receiving bad service once I finally get there? That would definitely ruin my day. My Iphone battery is also very frustrating. I like your layout and find your explanations to be very clear.

    ReplyDelete

30A

The most accomplishing point of this semester is when I brought my idea to my supervisor. He is the assistant director of business services ...